Sunday, December 6, 2009

Longs Peak North Face

I want to go back. Brother, are you with me?! Jason and I hiked for 7 hours with 40 pound packs to a place called Boulder Field Camp located near the North Face of Longs Peak. This is normally a 3-4 hour hike (in the summer with no pack). From Boulder Field Camp it would have taken another 3-4 hours to get to the top and then another 4-6 hours back down. Somewhere between 17-20 hours round trip.


This picture is not going to make Jason want to go back with me. You can feel his pain from over 10 hours of hiking in deep snow on steep terrain with no path to follow. Jason collapsed from exhaustion and altitude sickness.

1 comment:

  1. This was shortly after the dead man's walk (walking with our eyes shut). This was as close to death as I have gotten. The fresh foot of snow that morning made it a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete